2008年8月1日金曜日

My First Blood Donation Experience

Wheeeee!!!Just got back from blood donation organised by the Australian Red Cross Society!It hurts a little but the thought of being able to help someone who might be in urgent need of my blood had erased the pain. Well, it didn't hurt much though, depending on your pain tolerance level. It seems that there is still a considerable population of people who are still not very supportive of the idea of blood donation. Reasons given:'I'm scared of HIV', ' why do i need to help someone that i dont even know?', 'i'm scared of pain', ' they dont need my blood',' how would i know whether my blood really goes to someone who needs it?'....
Well, i think those reasons are kind of invalid and selfish to some extent. Hospitals and organisations like the Red Cross and St John Ambulance have poured in a significant sum of money into educating the public on blood donation. I merely spent about 1 hour at the blood donation compound and i felt really great after it. No dizzy spells, don't you worry.






Save lives. You never know how valuable your help will be.

I had my degree plan checked by the undergraduate office and i was told that i will be able to graduate successfully once i finished all the modules this semester. Where to head next? MBA? Probably.

Captain's position: Singapore, probably painting the house with his mummy now:)

Love,
Christine

2 件のコメント:

Unknown さんのコメント...

oh man the arm pic looks so similar to mine

Christine Yukiゆき さんのコメント...

haha of course...you were there too:)