2008年12月28日日曜日

CanCam最新号

Before i start off with my blog for tonight,I would like to share the following with anyone who is reading this entry right now. I chanced upon these words while reading the facebook memorial page of Ms Lo Hwei Yen who passed away tragically in the merciless hands of terrorism.

"One day, the villagers decided to pray for rain. On the day of prayer everyone gathered & only 1 boy came with an umbrella. That's CONFIDENCE.
When you throw a 1 year old baby in the air, he laughs because he knows you will catch him. That's TRUST.( I agreed to this!)
Every night we go to bed, we're not sure that we'll get up tomorrow, but we still have many plans for the coming day. That's HOPE."
Aren't these meaningful? I know i might be quite emotional when it comes to writing in the wee hours of the night when the whole world is sleeping. I wouldn't recommend everyone to stay up late at night but i do find these hours to be the most extraordinarily peaceful amongst the 24 hours.

This is the 9th year that i have been reading Cancam♥, the Japanese fashion magazine coined as the Fashion Bible for Japanese females for almost 3 decades and producing numerous famous models and actresses. I will always remember that very day when i held my first issue of Cancam in my hands, in Narita Airport during the christmas season, not knowing that this magazine will be accompanying me for the next decade and many more to come. I can still vividly see the guard standing outside the airport with his huge bulky winter coat in the 12 degree celsius chilly japanese winter. My friends will know how much Cancam means to me. Throughout these 9 years, i have seen many changes in Cancam, different models, different fashion stages, models turning into actresses, models getting married, the creation of Anecan, the sister magazine of Cancam which targets at females above the age of 25.I am indulging in reminiscing again but those are part of my fond memories of my teenage life.

Well this is the lastest issue of Cancam...with Yamada Yu and Nishiyama Maki on the cover..i wil always buy the February issue of every year's Cancam as it comes with a calendar for the year, yes February issue 2009. That's how the Japanese magazine industry works.


The Calendar...some pages of it.






Some of my favourite pages...
Makiちゃんtrying to teach us the ways of making valentine goodies...mixing vegetables with chocolates~ wonder how they taste like. I will help to give some translations~
The two recipes provided the instructions to these two goodies.

(1) カボチャチーズケーキPumpkin Cheesecake(with white chocolate)
(2) サツマイモのトリュフチョコYam Truffles
Sounds interesting? Looking at the recipes did arouse my interests to some extent to try them out myself:)

Makiちゃんwith a bag from Chanel Cruise Collectionヾ(♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡I want a white Chanel 2.55 so much...大人なバッグですね~上品なスタイル゚.+:。゙d(・ω・*)ネッ゚.+:

I couldnt believe that Yamada Yu will be graduating from Cancam soon as well. I watched her appearing in the pages of Cancam since she was 18 and now she's 24.Time flies.

Great Picture of Beyonce and Kimura Takuya.
Samantha Thavasa is a very popular brand in Japan。Victoria Beckham, Paris Hilton,Penelope and Monica Cruz and etc had been involved in the designing of their products in the past.

At the Shanghainese restaurant@Suntec City with Captain
Ratings: 7/10, I refuse to give them more marks because they dont have the 玉米烙 that i have eaten in Shanghai during my internship period 3 years ago...残念~

The golden lanterns hanging up high....sorry that my hands were shaking quite a bit when i took the second shot.
Glutinous Rice Wrapped in Lotus Leaf...a bit too salty for my liking...it tasted salty even when i have just recovered from a sore throat and fever~
Almonds, Old Cucumber Pork Ribs Soup, i am desperate in need of some nutritious food to regain my health....
Chinese Pastries filled with Spring Onions and Meat, pop some mints after this~
These are not the 葱油饼 that i wanted to eat though...miss those shanghai days...
Diced Chicken in spicy sauce 大千鸡, those are asparagus, aren't they?

Love,
ゆき

0 件のコメント: